Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Waiting outside a Mosque for an hour sucks.

Let's start off with talking a little about religion...I'm Catholic although I don't go to Church or pray that much...well really at all, but I do go to a Catholic School. I really don't understand religion at all, I mean I understand God and how he created the world and what not and I respect people that believe in God and worship. But, I don't understand the Bible, I guess it's probably because I wasn't raised a Relgious person. Anyways, at school we have to take a mandatory religion class. I'm in grade eleven so it is world religions and today was our world religions trip. We went around the city and Niagara Falls visiting all the different places of worship. First we went to the Ukranian Church...sooo beautiful, they paid some guy back in the 50's to paint it..like the whole thing..its gorgeous. Then to the mosque...but the Imam didn't show up so we waited there for an hour before heading to the synagogue. That was really interested, then to the Buddhist Temple (there were 10,000 Buddhas there!) and then to the Hindu Temple. Overall it was quite and interesting day, fascinating actually. Anyways, moving on.

So, my iPod broke (dying inside...). Well actually it's not broken, it just doesn't hold a charge which doesn't work when you want to use it. You can use it for about a day and you have to charge it nightly. So using a handy dandy tool called eBay, my dad went on and bought a new battery and a "take apart your own iPod tool kit" for only 10 bucks! So now he has it and is trying to fix it but that means I won't have an iPod for a few days. I'm already suffering. I always listen to it on the way home from school and it would have been really convientient while waiting outside the Mosque today. I pretty much take it everywhere, and I listen to it while walking my dogs. All in all, it sucks.

 
My dog Lochry..he's 8 months old, I also have an 8 year old named Hobbes. If you're wondering why they have the name's that you do it's because Hobbes' father's name was Calvin (..Calvin and Hobbes) and Lochry is named after a place my family visited in Scotland....we're Scottish...hence the last name McPherson.

I also got a new cell phone! I got the INQ Chat 3G. I wanted a Blackberry but since I can't afford a Blackberry I got this one. It's a little slow sometimes but I have interweb and facebook app plus unlimited texts for only 20 bucks a month....so really I can't complain at all.

What am I listening to right now?

Neon Trees! I just discovered this band a few weeks ago and I can't stop listening to the song 'Animal'. It's a dance party song and it's sooo catchy. I've only listened to about 5 songs so far but they're all really good. Next time I'm out shopping I have to pick up their album (it's called Habits). Check it out!


..can't say I hate the album artwork either ;)

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com