Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

I like happy old people.

So I just got home from work and I must say that the highlight of my day was seeing a happy old couple. It's not that happy old couples are hard to come by, but you rarely see old couples that act happy to actually be with eachother. Today I saw this little old man and wife holding hands. I can't say that I have ever seen two people that looked more in love than they did. Usually at my work you get the crabby old people who only bicker at eachother, or the wife or husband is pushing the other in a wheel chair, or even better, the two people are so old that they have no idea what is going on. That's always fun. Reenactment: Old Guy "I want a banana split" Me: "Would you like whipped cream and nuts on top?" Old guy "WHAAATTTT?! I SAID I WANT A BANANA SPLIT!!!". You get the picture. There's also one old guy that I nicknamed the Senior Savers Card Guy. Whenever I see him, I avoid him. He is the meanest old guy ever. Way back in the day, we had senior savers cards. It's like one of those stamp card things but every time you get 10% off. We stopped offering them a long time ago but this guy still has them, and since he's been coming EVERY Saturday for what seems like forever, we keep giving them to him. He gets mad when employees don't know how to give him the percent off and that we always have to get a manager to do it. This isn't our fault, we aren't allowed to do it so obviously we don't know how. Then, he walks you through his exact order. It isn't just "I want _____". It's "Go get 2 banana boats. *I walk and get them* Now put butterscotch in the bottom of one. *do that*" It's a step by step process with him and he doesn't trust you to do it right. So annoying. Now anyways, back to the point. Happy old couples. Yes, so usually the old people don't like eachother but this couple was so so happy. It was amazing. I couldn't imagine how happy they must have been when they were first falling in love in their twenties and when they got married and had kids. It was so beautiful to see and I can only hope to have that when I'm their age. Old people make me happy. At least the ones that aren't rude and think because I'm young I'm ruining the country. End Rant.

So I'm definitly going to get started on this blog revamp. I have no idea what it's going to look like, but I can see a shit load of googling in my future. Starting now, this blog is officially under construction.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com