Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

old people that automatically assume i'm a hooligan

So today, as I was minding my own business just walking down the street, I passed this cute old lady with her cute purse sized dog. I attempted to make eye contact, I put a warming smile on my face and prepared for her to also make eye contact so that we could acknowledge each other, wish each other hello and then go our own ways. She ignored me. This is not the only occasion that this has happened. Yes, on the outside I look like the average teenage girl, I had my iPod in, and a cell phone in my pocket, but I always take out my ear bud (I only wear one when walking to avoid not getting hit by a car or something along those lines) so that I can be polite. The old lady probably thought "Wow, stupid young people can't even be disconnected from their electronics for one minute. Stupid bitches".Maybe without the last part, but you get the idea.That is one thing that I hate about old people. Most of the time they are sweet people that think I am a respectful young lady, which I am. Then there are those people that just assume since I'm a teenager, I must be awful. Since when are teenagers terrible creatures? Yes, there are some kids between the ages of 13 and 19 that are not the nicest of people and are the ones that continually fit the teenage stereotype but seriously, death stares when I walk down the street are not necessary. I also hate those parenting books/conferences/web sites etc...that all say that every teenager is going to go through the rebellious "I hate my life/parents/school" or "Dramatic bitchy girl" stage. When my mom told her friend that we get along, and don't constantly bicker, she didn't believe her. When she told her that I don't party or drink, she told my mom to get serious and stop being so oblivious to my teenage lifestyle. Movies don't help either. They all say the same thing about the teenage species. Basically, I'm obsessed with boys, my parents don't get me, and I will never stop texting until my thumbs fall off. Personally, I think these so called professionals who write these books and conduct these studies should open their eyes to the large amount of the teenage population that actually have futures. End Rant.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com